The Network Technician is committed to providing the highest quality service to the communities we serve and is dedicated to fulfilling our customers’ needs by offering the latest in technological advances allowing them to keep pace with the growing demands of a global economy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and install hardware and software for the Network Operations team
- Designing and installing networks, connections, and cabling
- Administrating various devices on the network (e.g., routers, switches)
- Monitoring network performance
- Assist in keeping current documentation of all areas up to date
- Understanding and strictly adhering to the Company’s Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) policy while appropriately maintaining the confidentiality of customer records
- Understanding how all departments contribute to the success of the organization
- Building and maintaining a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers while taking ownership of responsibilities and being accountable for his/her own actions
- Being an advocate for Company programs and special events while taking initiative to participate and volunteering readily when opportunities arise
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work independently to reach a goal
- Basic knowledge of Internet connectivity issues
- Knowledge of MS Office products
- Familiar with routing and switching capabilities and understanding of the suite of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- Understanding of networking protocols (BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IPSEC)
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with CPNI regulations and procedures
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging others to seek innovative approaches and the ability to function effectively as a team player
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as programs and processes change.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related study or equivalent experience
- A+, Network+, Security+ or Cisco certifications (preferred)
- Network related study or certifications (preferred)
- Perform on-call duties when scheduled.
- Ability to respond to equipment problems 24 x 7 x 365.
- Non-standard hours to meet customer needs (evenings, weekends)
- Travel as required for business