DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
Good Shepherd Lutheran Community is a non-profit, healthcare campus that provides skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted and independent retirement services to seniors. Good Shepherd is seeking a Full-Time, Floor Technician to join our maintenance team. Good Shepherd offers a great workplace environment, excellent benefits and NEW WAGE SCALE that honors experience.
The successful candidate will have a passion for floor care and for providing quality services to senior citizens living in our health care community. The position does involve some evenings or weekends when needed.
We are willing to provide training to the right candidate, but you should have some familiarity with various cleaning products, techniques, and equipment.
The duties of this job include sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing, and buffing the floor surfaces of health care community buildings. You may also help clean or extract and install carpets, so carpet installation experience is a plus. In some cases, you may have to move furniture for floor access.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Assist with striping, buffing, and waxing surfaces
- Clean or shampoo carpets
- Cross train in the maintenance department
- Maintain equipment and supplies
- Follow workplace safety standards
- Meet all State and Federal regulations for compliance
- Must follow OSHA guidelines
FLOOR TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Prior cleaning or janitorial experience required
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical stamina
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel
- Ability to life 50 pounds
- Attention to detail
All individuals entering Good Shepherd are required to have a health screening at the door. We provide essential PPE for our staff and education to insure they are utilizing their PPE at all times to protect everyone.