Customer Care Representative
The Customer Care Rep is responsible for selling American Broadband products and services. Respond to customer requests for information which includes local and long distance telephone service, Internet service, cable television service and enhanced calling features. Coordinate daily office functions. Support inside and outside technicians. Apply service orders to billing system, receive customer payments, prepare documentation, correspondence and perform trouble shooting for the aforementioned services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maximize customer revenue opportunities through explanation of products and services available to meet customer needs.
2. Provide information to customers relating to the application for, installation of, and policies and procedures relating to local and long distance telephone, cable television and internet services.
3. Administrative duties relating to local and long distance telephone, cable television, and internet services.
4. Assist with or coordinate special projects, as assigned.
5. Sell products and services. Ensure individual, team and company goals and objectives are met.
6. Verify customer-provided information prior to the processing of service orders. Enter service orders into the database; process service orders for installation, disconnection and feature changes by computer.
7. Assist customers by answering billing questions, determining deposits, and approving credit memos by adhering to American Broadband policies and procedures and Tariff requirements; log credit deposit information, and determine payment options for customers that have overdue accounts.
8. Facilitate trouble reports for telephone, cable television and Internet customers and forward information to the appropriate department or individual
9. Coordinate daily office functions.
10. Maintain plant records.
11. Assist technicians in clearing troubles.
12. Assist with bad debt collection, as needed. Provide pertinent information to technicians and main office personnel as required.
13. Assist with or coordinate special projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
• Able to operate PC and various software applications.
• Self-starter with attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to communication with associates and customers in a professional manner.
• Able to work flexible schedules including Saturdays.
• Ability to get along with others.
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner through written and verbal communications, in all interfaces with customers/public, fellow ABB employees, and vendors that provide products or services to ABB.
• High school diploma plus additional specialized training or equivalent
• 1+ years’ experience in Customer Service/Sales environment
• Basic telephony and cable television experience (inside and outside) preferred.
• Operation of relational databases and spreadsheets preferred.
• Knowledge of MACC software preferred.
• Able to work in multiple locations