Are you a big picture person? Do you enjoy face to face interaction working with and through people? Washington County Bank's Banking Relationship Officer position may be the role for you!
The Banking Relationship Officer is an essential member of the team responsible for identifying new areas of opportunity to retain & grow WCB assets and deepen customer relationships. The position requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is goal oriented, and motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- Management: Effectively apply management practices in planning and assigning the work of Personal Banker and Teller at all locations.
• Foster a team-oriented environment where employees are focused on delivering a high quality customer experience.
• Lead the team’s sales activities and build/maintain a proactive sales culture.
• Coach and mentor the Personal Banker and Teller Supervisors at all locations.
• Ensure the team is driving revenue through excellent customer conversations, focusing on increasing cross-sell, referral and customer wallet share.
• Provide oversight and guidance to all areas to ensure consistency across departments and branches.
• Lead, train, motivate, and develop the Personal Banking and Teller Supervisors, providing ongoing training regarding product knowledge and customer service.
• Maintain and develop tracking mechanisms to ensure services are provided in an effective manner. i.e. highest level of service in most efficient way.
• Coach and develop all staff with regards to all Compliance related activities, ensuring understanding and adherence to banking regulations.
- Innovation: Drive the improvement and creation process as it applies to “front end” customer service and sales in the Personal Banker and Teller areas.
• Coordinate with CFO/COO on retail deposit marketing campaigns.
• Coordinate with VP of Retail on lending campaigns.
• Maintain knowledge of local market trends and make recommendation on product improvement and creation.
• Provide tracking of campaign results and general trends to ensure consistent and profitable growth in areas of responsibility.
• Achieve agreed individual performance goals for deposit growth, income generation, product sales and new customer growth.
- Coordinate marketing for all retail deposit products
• Ensure that all retail deposits are promoted to current and potential customers.
• Coordinate with Marketing Officer in creation of annual marketing plan.
• Develop tracking and reporting mechanisms for the effectiveness of marketing plans and recommend changes based on those results.
- Provide superior customer service, analysis and consultation for present and potential deposit customers. Maximize cross-selling to meet customer needs. As part of an ongoing program, solicit customers and businesses for deposit products.
• Deliver a high quality customer service and customer retention approach to managing customer relationships to enhance product sales and new customer growth.
• Work with Operations staff in providing Business Suite of products.
• Become a product expert with services such as RDC, Sweeps, CDARS, ICS, and Business Mobile Banking. You will be responsible in explaining the products and training your staff. The Operations staff will be responsible for the “back end” support.
- Identify, sell and deliver Electronic Banking and Treasury Service products.
• Work with Operations staff in providing Electronic products.
• Become a product expert with services such as Mobile Banking, ATM services, RDC, ACH and Merchant Processing.You will be responsible in explaining the products and training your staff. The Operations staff will be responsible for the “back end” support.
- Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
• Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
• Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
• Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
• Ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
• Practice WCB values and support the goals and strategic plan of the bank.
• Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
• Have an absence of negative temperament/disruptive personal qualities.
• Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
• Conduct personal finances in a manner consistent with the Staff Member Handbook and Standards of Conduct.
Job Characteristics and Skills
Pace and Variety of Activities
• Sense of urgency for goal achievement
• Varied activities
• Multiple, simultaneous projects
• Fast-paced environment
• Results focus
• Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving
• Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results
• Engage commitment of others
• Problem solving orientation
• Risk taking
• Action-oriented and somewhat collaborative decision-making
• Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
Communication and Collaboration
• Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive
• Influences, stimulates others to action
• Collaboration focused on results
Delegation and Leadership Style
• Authoritative leadership based on generalist expertise, knowledge of systems
• Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
• Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and quality
• Accountability for results
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Equivalent Work Experience.
• Five years general banking experience, preferably in retail banking management.
• Must be able to effectively lead and manage others.
• Excellent listening skills, oral and written communication skills that will be utilized directly with all levels of staff, customers and the community.
• Must present a professional image at all times.
• Previous Management Experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.